SOLVED

Sync Marketo ID to CRM?

Go to solution
James_Glavin
Level 5

Sync Marketo ID to CRM?

Hi there,

I'd like to sync the unique Marketo Lead ID to our CRM, as a way of auditing/cross-checking our data between CRM and Marketo. My thinking is that it'd be very valuable having a unique ID that exists in both places (email is not unique in our CRM). Has anyone done this, and if so what's the process?

Thanks,

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Roxann_McGlump1
Community Manager

Re: Sync Marketo ID to CRM?

Hi James,

You can't sync directly to the Lead ID field in Marketo, but you can write the value to a synced custom field.  You would create the field in Salesforce (i.e. "Marketo ID"), make sure it is visible to the Marketo Sync User, and let the new field sync across.

You would then use a Smart Campaign to Change Data Value to the "Marketo ID" field you created.

The filter could be "Marketo ID - is empty".  The New Value would be the token {{lead.Id}}.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Roxann_McGlump1
Community Manager

Hi James,

You can't sync directly to the Lead ID field in Marketo, but you can write the value to a synced custom field.  You would create the field in Salesforce (i.e. "Marketo ID"), make sure it is visible to the Marketo Sync User, and let the new field sync across.

You would then use a Smart Campaign to Change Data Value to the "Marketo ID" field you created.

The filter could be "Marketo ID - is empty".  The New Value would be the token {{lead.Id}}.

James_Glavin
Level 5

Genius - thank you!