SOLVED

Re: Sync Lead Source from Marketo to Salesforce

Go to solution
Edem_Jimbo
Level 2

Sync Lead Source from Marketo to Salesforce

I have Program X which is already synced to Salesforce. Inside Program X  I have certain assets already created, specifically a landing page that contains a form. Now whenever a user fills out the form and the lead is assigned to Salesforce, I want to be able to identify from within Salesforce and the Lead source should be Program X or whatever I choose to name it. How do I achiece this? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Edem, this is correct to add the hidden field, but you need to populate that hidden field somehow. It can be via a URL parameter, javascript, or if that form is only used in one place you could have a value that will automatically populate just for that form.

I'd also advise you to update in Admin how the Lead Source field can be overwritten -- it's likely that you will want to block it from updates via form fillouts because you won't want to overwrite a lead source.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Edem, you can write the lead source in a number of ways, whether it's from a data value change in a smart campaign, a hidden field in a form, or a workflow in SFDC. It really depends on how you want to go about it.

Edem_Jimbo
Level 2

Billing Services 2016-02-10 11-29-25.png

This is what i have, is it correct?

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Edem, this is correct to add the hidden field, but you need to populate that hidden field somehow. It can be via a URL parameter, javascript, or if that form is only used in one place you could have a value that will automatically populate just for that form.

I'd also advise you to update in Admin how the Lead Source field can be overwritten -- it's likely that you will want to block it from updates via form fillouts because you won't want to overwrite a lead source.

Edem_Jimbo
Level 2

Thank you I got it to sync to Salesforce now I need to figure out how to overwrite lead source in the Admin section.

Edem_Jimbo
Level 2

Hi Dory, quick question, I got the sync to work correctly and I'd like to know do I overide the Lead Source in Admin section within Salesforce or Marketo? I really appreciate your help.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Edem, are you looking to overwrite the field if there's a value in there or do you want it to be the original lead source forever? If you want the source to remain from the first lead source, you would want to block updates from basically everything. This means if the field is empty that a value will be written, but if there's a value in the field then the update will be ignored.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You may also ask your CRM team to create it so it shows in the Marketo and SFDC picklist of lead source.

Edem_Jimbo
Level 2

Yes this is exactly what I am trying to do.