SOLVED

Sync Custom Object Fields with Revenue Explorer?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sync Custom Object Fields with Revenue Explorer?

I saw a thread on the community from last year (Custom Objects and Revenue Cycle Explorer ) that confirmed you can't integrate Custom Object fields in Revenue Explore, but that it might be an upcoming feature. Does anyone know if its still the case that you cant or if this can now be done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Sync Custom Object Fields with Revenue Explorer?

Hi Selene,

No, this is still not possible.

-Greg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Selene,

No, this is still not possible.

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi again Selene Regan ,

to provide you with some details;

• Simply put, custom objects are cannot be sent to the revenue explorer. They are useful for quite a few things such as being in included in emails using velocity scripts, but not for adding dimensions to the reporting
  • Opportunity is therefore a better choice, excepted that you will not be able to add opportunity fields to the Marketo schema (and not to the Rev Exp data schema neither) if you are not using SFDC or Dynamics CRM. Adding custom oppy fields to Marketo is only possible when the fields are created in the CRM and mapped to Marketo using the corresponding CRM conector. But it is impossible to add opportunity fields to Marketo schema through the admin, neither it is through the API.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Greg, Many thanks for this, much appreciated. To confirm, they are using Sugar and the Sugar connector allows custom fields in Sugar to exist in MKTO on Lead and Contact. So is it the case that the Sugar Integration to MKTO also allows custom Opportunity fields to be synched to MKTO as well as Standard opp fields, as you only mentioned SFDC & Dynamics CRM as being able to do this in your response

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Selene,

No. On opportunities, you will only be able to sync standard fields as there is no possibility to create custom fields in Marketo Oppy object.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

After further research I have found out that Bedrock's connector can apparently sync custom opportunity fields to Marketo. Marketo Support have to set up the custom fields in advance, but it is possible.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Makes sense. I should have thought about this solution.

I can provide with a contact at Bedrock if you want.

-Greg