SOLVED

Re: Switching old subscription/preference centre out to new one

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Switching old subscription/preference centre out to new one

We've had a new, better preferences centre built out which I want to include as the unsubscribe link in all emails moving forward, as well as for the basis to build out a welcome program. Wondering if anyone has any best practices on making this a smooth transition from old to new?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

To be clearer:

• Email 2.0 - update footer module
  • Snippets - easy to update and re-approve
  • Admin Master area - you can modify that and use the text and code you prefer. There is a doc or two on how to still track unsub in email performance report.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Josh_Hill13

There are several threads on this. How do you have the unsub setup now in your footer?

Josh_Hill13

To be clearer:

• Email 2.0 - update footer module
  • Snippets - easy to update and re-approve
  • Admin Master area - you can modify that and use the text and code you prefer. There is a doc or two on how to still track unsub in email performance report.
Josh_Hill13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh - just having a look at your pointers above and reading through your guide. Point 6: Create the Unsubscribe All Campaign - why do I need to do this? Surely if someone checks that unsubscribe checkbox and it links to the unsubscribe field in lead attributes, it's automatically updated, right? Probably more questions coming your way!

Josh_Hill13

I believe that refers to keeping the other opt in fields tidy.

If someone unsubscribes all, and you leave Webinar Invitations=T, then you have a false understanding of the total Webinar opt ins. Marketo won't send to that person, but your counts are off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - also on step 8, it says I should remove this section: mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK## - why? When I removed this I got a 404, but seems to work fine with that still in. Just curious...

Josh_Hill13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you - switched over with the help of these guides and all working as it should be!