Survey in preference centre

Anonymous
Not applicable

Survey in preference centre

Hi, I'm setting up a preference centre and I'd like to include a section that surveys the reason why people unsubscribe e.g. emails are too frequent, content it not relevant, etc.

Is this something that you've done? How did you set it up? I'm hoping to be able to capture the information in a checklist without having to create all the fields in Field Management. Is that possible?

thanks!

Marilyn

6 REPLIES 6
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Re: Survey in preference centre

Hi Marilyn, It's best to create separate fields to record feedback. Though, if you're already having unused fields with the appropriate field types, you can use them by changing the label names. Hope this helps!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I do agree with Alok: if it's important enough to capture, it's important enough to remember.  Unsubscribe Reason(s) isn't a disposable, time-sensitive data point, right?

That being said, there are some tactics you can take to reduce field management.

One is to make your own form and use Munchkin calls (Munchkin.munchkinFunction('clickLink', ... ) to log the person's choices rather than a form post.  This way they get activities in their ActLog (which will age out) but you don't need to make any fields.

Another is to make your own form and combine all the elements into one big (textarea) Marketo form field called something like Unsubscribe Survey Results.  You could store all data as one URL-encoded string.  Kinda annoying to search on, but it would work, and you only have to make the one field.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sanford - these are good tips. I'd go with Alok's suggestion and just try to capture only information that will be more useful.

Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Marilyn Li​, if you're looking to capture multiple potential reasons for unsubscribing, you could also do this with a single multi-select form field.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Justin. I've used a fieldset to section the survey with multiple checkboxes for different reasons - is that the same as a single multi-select form field?

Shannon_Kelly1
Level 4

I think this is what he means by "multiple selection field." Here my field "Industry" could be set to Multiple Selections in the Properties.

MultipleSelections.png