SOLVED

Suppress default text in auto-response email

Go to solution
Casler_Nancy__N
Level 3

Re: Suppress default text in auto-response email

So I'm still trying to get this to work. Does it matter how the checkboxes field I use is configured (text, string, etc.)? I still get absolutely no data from my checkbox choices to write to my response email after I submit. I've got my email token in my response email, and everything is named correctly. I did check off the appropriate lead.fieldname in the tree menu in the token setup, so that's not the problem.

Here's the current script I'm working with:

#set( $singleInterests = $lead.DP_OriginalWork_GE_MKTO.split(";") ) 

#if( $singleInterests.size() ) 

You checked off the following interests: 

#foreach( $singleInterest in $singleInterests ) 

${singleInterest} 

#end

#end

I'm just using any old text-type field for testing purposes. That "DP_OriginalWork_GE_MKTO" field is the exact name of my checkboxes field in my test form. I have a test LP set up and am filling out the form there.

Would Marketo support have the know-how to be able to help me with Velocity scripting, do you think? There's one person at our company with privileges to call, but he's very difficult to raise...

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You might as well email me so I can see what's up your setup. Would take anyone else a lot longer to get this.

SanfordWhiteman

Hey Nancy,

Can you update the Correct answer to reflect the resolution we discussed offline? Now it looks like the "Correct" answer is that it doesn't work!

Casler_Nancy__N
Level 3

The way I was able to pull in responses from a checkboxes field is via the following script. In this situation, I'm sending links to documents uploaded to the design studio to users who choose them for a list of checkboxes in a form field (generically referred to here as "fieldname_here"):

#set( $singleInterests = $lead.fieldname_here.split(";") ) 

#if( $singleInterests.size() ) 

#foreach( $singleInterest in $singleInterests ) 

## ${singleInterest}

<a href="https://info.gepower.com/rs/232-DKG-508/images/${singleInterest}" style="color:#005eb8;">${singleInterest}</a><br>

#end

#end

To add a url around each of my checked responses, I added a line of code that prepends the beginning part of the url to each file name, which is pulled from the Stored Value in my list of values in my checkbox field. The script goes into an email script in my program tokens. I then added that email script token to my response email. The result is an email containing a nice list of links to the documents the user checks from the list of checkbox options on the form.

SanfordWhiteman

OK, this should be the Correct answer.