Superscript issue with spacing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Superscript issue with spacing

Hello. I have inserted a superscript to cite a source used in an email. As a result, the line spacing is being impacted. Instead of the usual single spacing, the superscript has added an additional spacing to the line of text.

Is there a way to make this spacing less signficant? My eyes get drawn to the extra spacing and unless I remove the superscript I can't seem to get rid of the extra spacing in between the lines. 
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Re: Superscript issue with spacing

Hi Esther, I don't think there's a way to fix the superscript space. The only way is not to have the superscript. Unless I'm wrong.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The superscript is adding more space for the line in order to accomodate the distance from the normal font.  Do you need to use this for the source?  Adding in a link to the source (or a footnote hosted on your page) would give you information about who is engaging with the content and would be less intrusive.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the tips! Do you know if there is a way to get the superscript to render correctly in the TXT version? Right now, it shows up right next to the sentence instead of been raised above it (ie automation1).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Superscript typically uses an html tag, so there isn't a clear way to adjust this in the TXT version.

Anonymous
Not applicable

To get the spacing closer to correct, you may want to use a span style indicating smaller text in your coding before the superscript copy and close it after the copy, that will decrease the line spacing.