Re: Success Path Analyzer Basics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Success Path Analyzer Basics

Update: I'm still trying to find where the Success Path Analyzer gets its numbers? Is it looking at the actual transitions that literally go through one stage to the other? Or is it just looking at the total number of lead currently in each "bucket" or stage?

Original question:

What is Success Path Analyzer looking for? In other words, from where is it pulling its numbers? Is it looking at the actual transitions that literally go through one stage to the other? Or is it just looking at the total number of lead currently in each "bucket" or stage?

This is important to me because our most of our transitions in the Revenue Model don't work. Therefore, we set up normal trigger campaigns to push people from one stage to another. It's crazy that this works since we set up the trigger campaigns identically to the ones currently in the Model, but anyway...

I've searched and searched for some basic documentation of the Success Path Analyzer with no luck. Maybe I just don't know my way around the new Community yet. Any help answering the question of where the SPAnalyzer gets its numbers would be greatly appreciated!

Allison

Message was edited by: Allison G

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Please see my presentation with Jeff Coveney on this issue. You must use campaigns to push Revenue Stage Transitions. Success Path relies on RCM working right.

How to Build a Lead LifecycleMarketing Rockstar Guides

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much, Josh. I signed up and downloaded the presentation and read through the entire thing - your part and Jeff's part.

If I understand correctly, the Model in and of itself does NOT correctly push people through the stages? I MUST also (in addition to) set up trigger campaigns outside of the model in order to make sure everyone is moving through the stages? But I must keep the non-working triggers in the model too b/c they might do something? I think I am getting that right, and am fine with it as we've already done double the work and set up trigger campaigns inside and outside of the model.

Then, to check my interpretation again, once I have those two sets of trigger campaigns set up, my Success Path should be working right? I understand it only refreshes once a day, so there could be small variation in the number of leads in each stage.

Then the Success Path analyzer will be showing the total number of leads currently (at the time the daily snapshot was taken) are in that stage? Or is it looking for something else?

If a lead skips a stage or two (like we manually change someone's lead record), do they still get included in the correct stage of the Success Path Analyzer - or does something get messed up since they didn't go through each transition in order. I saw the skipping ahead mentioned on Jeff's slides, but didn't see the conclusion.

Thanks to anyone who can help me wrap my mind around this! Or point me to any Marketo docs that explain about the basics of the analyzer - what it is looking for.

Thank you, thank you!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Josh Hill! Hoping you can help an RCM newbie here!

I created our RCM this week and retroactively assigned ≈ 105,000 pre-existing leads to an RCM stage using Smart Campaigns on 12-5-16. I verified that those pre-existing leads were assigned to the proper RCM stages using the "Leads by Revenue Stage" report. Then I started setting up the Success Path Analyzer and linking it with my RCM.

So far, the # of leads in each revenue stage seem to match between the "Leads by Revenue Stage" report and the Success Path Analyzer. The only problem is, the Success Path Analyzer thinks all of the pre-existing leads that I retroactively assigned to revenue stages on 12-5-16 entered their respective revenue stages on 12-5-16. So, it seems like I can't look back in time (prior to 12-5-16) to see when those pre-existing leads actually entered each stage to see how our funnel has performed up until now.

Is this what you were referring to on page 38 of your ebook when you said, "Once you switch everything on, it takes about 2-3 months before you should rely on the data for decision-making. The reports will spike on day one when you push everyone into the stages."?

Is there a way to make those 105,000 pre-existing leads more accurate in the Success Path Analyzer or do I just need to wait until the data normalizes over time?

Finally, I'm confused about using the transitions in the RCM vs creating triggered Smart Campaigns to move leads through the revenue stages. Right now I'm only using the RCM transitions to move leads through the stages, no Smart Campaigns, but I've read that that approach might not be ideal. Should I use only RCM transitions, only triggered Smart Campaigns, or both? I seem to remember when I was building the RCM that it wouldn't let me approve the model without any transitions...

Thanks!

- Jamie

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Jamie:

• Stage Entry - yes, that's what I meant. Let the leads flow and see how it works but this won't be accurate because everyone started on Dec 5...so you have to wait several months.
    • no, this cannot be changed.
  • RCM vs Smart Campaigns
    • Your RCM should listen for Revenue Stage Changed only.
    • Your Smart Campaigns should adjust the Revenue Stage at the appropriate time along with the Lead Lifecycle field.
    • The reason for this is you may see leads not move around correctly. I don't know why the RCM triggers don't work correctly, but they don't if you make them complex.