Success Criteria for Webinars?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Success Criteria for Webinars?

Hello!

We're looking for some feedback as to how we are currently dealing with our program statuses for webinars. For background our marketing teams are target on the number of engangements (total number of program successes). Internally we are having some debate as to the best process to deal with counting webinar successes.

Currently we do the following:

Registration - success (thought here is that they have shown some general level of interest)
No-show - not a success
Attended - success
Attended on demand - success.

The issue we're having is that because a lead never remains in registered statuses for very long (move to either no show or attended following the session), the teams "succeses" can change over time.

One side of the arguement is that we classed them as a success as a registration so this success should remain through their whole program journey, whilst the other side is wondering how can we classify a no show as a success - they haven't taken on board the information or primary content we wanted to get across and if they attend at a later date will we make them successful.

What's become clear is that whether we decide successful or not successful, registration and no show need to be classed the same, but we're looking for some insight into what others do?

Do you guys class registrations as successes or is it only down to attended?

Thanks!
David
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Success Criteria for Webinars?

For us, a registration is a success -- they've shown enough interest in a topic to sign up for a webinar. Many things can happen after the fact, and our webinars can also be accessed several ways after the fact, so we don't care if they don't show as far as success.

I can see that there would be certain scenarios where you'd want to use only attended/attended on demand as successes, and I think at that point you'd want to remove the success from Registered so that they'd only be marked as such when they do the true action that makes them a success. 
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I have almost never seen No Show set to Success.
Usually I score Registration +5, then add +5 or so for Attended, but not No Show. This indicates Engagement, but not a success.
Adam_Vavrek1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

I agree with Dory - a registration is a success. They've spent time to fill out a form. I know I've registered for a webinar with no intention of attending but I still want the recording, re-cap, and/or slides of the presentation after the webinar.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your insight.