SOLVED

Re: Subscriptions of smart lists vs smart campaigns

Go to solution
Nick_Deboo1
Level 2

Subscriptions of smart lists vs smart campaigns

Smart campaigns: this doesn't work

1. Created an user meeting program
  2. Created a smart campaign: "Fill in form" - "Change program status to registered"
  3. Went to the results of that smart campaign - "View campaign members" and made a "New smart list subscription"

The subscription doesn't show up in the subscription list.

Smart lists: this works

1. Next to the above actions, I created a smart list, based on the registered status of the program.
  2. Went to the members of that list
  3. Created a "New smart list subscription"

The subscription shows up in the subscription list

However!

When I tried to make the smart list subscription via the smart list, I used the same name as when I tried through a smart campaign. It gave an error because I couldn't use the same name. So it seems it was somehow created but not showing?

Is this bug or am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Nick,

AFAIK, you can only subscribe to "explicit" smart lists, the ones that have an icon in the Marketo UI left column.

You probably hit a bug that allowed to create the subscription on the "member of smart campaign" though. You may want to log a ticket to support.

-Greg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Nick,

AFAIK, you can only subscribe to "explicit" smart lists, the ones that have an icon in the Marketo UI left column.

You probably hit a bug that allowed to create the subscription on the "member of smart campaign" though. You may want to log a ticket to support.

-Greg

Erek_Bond
Level 2

Thanks for the post. I just did this exact same thing. Considering this post is almost a year-and-a-half old now, I just wish there was a better answer. I think it would be convenient to create the subscription on the "member of smart campaign" (with the ability to manage the subscription in the subscriptions list) without needing to create a whole other smart list. If it is a bug, I wish it is a bug that Marketo builds on rather than removes.