SOLVED

Subscription Preference Center Page Forms and Unchecking All Checkboxes on Select of Unsubscribe from All

Go to solution
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Subscription Preference Center Page Forms and Unchecking All Checkboxes on Select of Unsubscribe from All

You'll need to put up pages that show all the variations of the form.

SanfordWhiteman

Re: Subscription Preference Center Page Forms and Unchecking All Checkboxes on Select of Unsubscribe from All

Also...

The reason we didn't use one form is because when displayed the form field is the same but the label is different

You can change the label when a field is managed by Visibility Rules.

jenlively
Level 3

Question about visibility rules @SanfordWhiteman 

SanfordWhiteman

So if we have 3 forms, I can’t set up the same field 3x but have them show 3 different ways

You add the field to the form once, then change the Field Label based on each Visibility Rule. Your screenshot only shows one VR.

It's possible that the Field Label textbox in this case doesn't accept HTML, don't recall offhand.

jenlively
Level 3

Hi @SanfordWhiteman  I want to this right but I cannot see how I can do this:

jenlively_0-1617069325952.png

In this scenario all fields appear unless they are identified as B2B or identified as B2C

How do I set fields conditional based on segment identification?

Finally I don't see any way to set a field label to conditional to display different text. Example:

Monthly newsletter appears on all forms with different labels:

B2C: Monthly Newsletter
Curated topical content on healthcare savings, personal finance, and industry news.

B2B: Monthly Newsletter
Curated topical content including the latest industry news and legislative updates.

Default: same as B2C

How do I set this up? 

My form as it stands today is here: 

https://engage.livelyme.com/preference-center.html

Thank you!

SanfordWhiteman

When you use Visibility Rules, you make the Label Text conditional as well as the visibility.

Example 1: Hidden field Autofill → Text field with VR

For example, this hidden field autofills from the state query parameter:

2021-03-30 00_51_49-Lab - VRs and Checkbox Labels.png

And then this field, which is always visible in some fashion, changes its label based on the state:

2021-03-30 00_56_44-Lab - VRs and Checkbox Labels.png

Example 2: Hidden field JS fill → Text field with VR

If you wanted to use a segment to determine the label, easiest way is to segment a block of JavaScript.

In this case, you don't need to pull the hidden field from the query string, just add it

2021-03-30 01_20_43-Lab - VRs and Checkbox Labels.png

Then have segmented scripts that set the hidden field's value to the current segment (this is the same effect as if you had a {{lead.Segmentation_State}} token, which isn't directly available):2021-03-30 01_14_48-Lab - QS Segment.png

2021-03-30 01_16_55-Lab - QS Segment.png

jenlively
Level 3

thank you @SanfordWhiteman 

So I dug in deeper however we are not using a field to segment we are using Preference Center. So in the case of the first field showing for all 3 segments but having 2 different labels there are no fields for me to set to true and false to show the conditional label.

Would it be simpler just to use javascript at this point? I am happy to try and learn the right way to do this but I hate that this is taking so much of your time.

Thanks 🙂

SanfordWhiteman

So I dug in deeper however we are not using a field to segment we are using Preference Center.

Not sure what you mean here? A "Preference Center" generically doesn't have any meaning as far as display— has to correspond to fields, program memberships, custom objects, whatever.

jenlively
Level 3

@SanfordWhiteman can you help me with conditional javascript or should we create programs to handle these segments?

SanfordWhiteman

can you help me with conditional javascript or should we create programs to handle these segments?

You mean creating programs and using Member of Program in the segment Smart Lists? That would work.