SOLVED

Re: Subscription Management: Allow leads to see their current settings

Go to solution
Angelica_Ismai1
Level 2

Subscription Management: Allow leads to see their current settings

Hello!

I am setting up a subscription management page and want leads to be able to see their current settings before opting to change them. If they haven't visited the page before, the form selections show up empty like in the screenshot below.

My question is: is there some custom code that I can use to update the form with that lead's current field values once the email address field is filled-in? Has anyone approached this another way?

Thanks!

Screenshot 2019-04-26 at 3.39.12 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

if you gate access to this page to be from an email marketo sends, you should prevent this from being an issue (a click on a marketo email or a form-fill on a marketo page will make it a 'known user')

While this is true, just being a "known visitor" isn't enough to ensure Pre-Fill of existing values. After a recent change, Pre-Fill is only natively supported on the that's directly linked in the email and not on subsequent pageviews. You'd need a solution like Form Pre-Fill. External sites. No limits. You're welcome. to reenable the older behavior.

However, even the old behavior did not account for the situation where someone arriving at your page doesn't have an session that's already associated with a known visitor. For the experience of looking up your lead (and in turn associating the session with it and fetching the current values) you need the Lead Lookup Form pattern which I've written about before.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

if you gate access to this page to be from an email marketo sends, you should prevent this from being an issue (a click on a marketo email or a form-fill on a marketo page will make it a 'known user') -- otherwise, I'll let someone else chime in about the code component.

You could always hide the form to unknown users and request a '2-step authentication' process by them submitting their email address, then clicking the link from the email, thus making them known, as previously mentioned.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

if you gate access to this page to be from an email marketo sends, you should prevent this from being an issue (a click on a marketo email or a form-fill on a marketo page will make it a 'known user')

While this is true, just being a "known visitor" isn't enough to ensure Pre-Fill of existing values. After a recent change, Pre-Fill is only natively supported on the that's directly linked in the email and not on subsequent pageviews. You'd need a solution like Form Pre-Fill. External sites. No limits. You're welcome. to reenable the older behavior.

However, even the old behavior did not account for the situation where someone arriving at your page doesn't have an session that's already associated with a known visitor. For the experience of looking up your lead (and in turn associating the session with it and fetching the current values) you need the Lead Lookup Form pattern which I've written about before.

Angelica_Ismai1
Level 2

Thanks Stanford - can you please link me to your "lead lookup form" post? It seems like the only solution here since, as you said, for many users this may be their first time accessing the manage subscriptions page and therefore there is no previous session to refer to.

Angelica_Ismai1
Level 2

Thank you for the suggestion, JD. I don't want to create extra hoops for my leads to jump through in order to manage their subscriptions. It's a grey zone with GDPR and CASL (as far as I know) to add extra steps to unsubscribe.