SOLVED

Re: Subscription Center

Go to solution
Nimisha_Garg
Level 4

Subscription Center

Hello Everyone,

If you are Marketo guru then you can help me out. I am looking for some help with subscription center.

1. I have created a landing page / form / smart campaigns.
2. This form is having many options + 1 for unsubscribe from all 3. Can you please tell me how the logic will work for all these options on the form?

I have already created the fields also in Marketo as Boolean.

pastedImage_0.png

How does the logic work with these? Once people click on these fields does it automatically mean "true"?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Diana_Watts3
Level 3

Hi Nimisha,

Looking at your initial screenshot, my comment would be that this is inverse logic which makes it more difficult to think about and understand. Given that it's a subscription centre, you'd normally expect to be able to opt IN to things, rather than just be presented with a list of things to opt OUT of. For example - presenting an option that says 'I want to opt out of product information' means that the customer has to do a positive action (tick the box) to get a negative outcome (unsubscribe). It isn't technically wrong, but it does make understanding all of the smart campaigns and processing at the back end harder to grasp.

When I build a subscription centre, I sit and document every single possible action that a person could take with the centre, then engineer the campaigns accordingly. Then, I go through every single possible action again and test that what I've set up is actually working. It takes time, but if you have worked out all the possible scenarios it's a great way to find all the little loopholes and things you may have either missed, or not considered. Things to test for could include:

- Do you treat a customer any different to a prospect? Has this been accounted for?

- What if they are an existing lead, and unsubscribe from everything?

- What if they are an existing lead, and unsubscribe from one product category?

- What if that lead then re-subscribes to that product category?

- What if they are a brand new lead who has somehow found your subscription centre and fills out the form? (are you assigning the right acquisition programs, lead source, lead source details, subscriptions etc)

- If they unsubscribe completely, are you capturing the reason why?

- What if someone submits the form without ticking anything?

The above list is by no means exhaustive, and your testing scenarios will be unique to your business and setup.

I hope that helps!

Diana

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If those are Checkbox fields (not a Checkboxes group) then yes, checked means Boolean true.

Surely you've tested this form with a set of test leads? Getting these results yourself is the first step.

Kevin_Weisenber
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Hi Nimisha,

Can you share more about your smart campaigns altering these form fields?

Have you also searched the community for conversations on subscription centers? There are a lot of conversations like this one

Tashmeem_Waqas1
Level 2

Hey Nimisha,

I agree with Kevin, could you share more about your smart campaign set ups so we have more context? With subscription centres it is important to test your smart campaigns vigorously using different scenarios i.e for both when someone unsubscribes and when someone resubscribes or when a new lead/contact is created but they don't opt in to comms vs. when they opt in etc. I could go on but a bit more info with be helpful here to answer your question more accurately

Tash

Nimisha_Garg
Level 4

Sure,

Here are the things I set up:

PHH - Email Preference Center

1. SC: this is for new people when they are created and they don't fill up anything / have not unsubscribed

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

2. SC: once they say "unsubscribe" this is what happens:

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

After unsubscribe: 3. SC this will be

pastedImage_6.png

pastedImage_7.png

this is last smart campaign which says that person should be set to false for each subscription choice...as they have unsubscribed!

Not sure if this makes any sense?

Ankit_Dua
Level 6

Hi Nimisha,

How are you managing "Single-opt-ins" and "Double-opt-ins" here? For GDPR countries.

Thanks

Nimisha_Garg
Level 4

This is only single opt in

Nimisha_Garg
Level 4

Do I really need these smart campaigns that are in Marketo Program imports... for this subscription center?

Tashmeem_Waqas1
Level 2

Hi Nimisha

Thank you for sharing the screenshots. Looking at the first 2 Screenshots, doesn't make sense. In your Smart list you have got New People who have unsubscribed = false, this to me means that the 3 flow steps should be updating to True (ie. Market News = True, Product info = True, Rate Sale = True) rather than false unless they are opt out fields and not opt in in which case the last screenshots you shared wouldn't make sense.

Diana_Watts3
Level 3

Hi Nimisha,

Looking at your initial screenshot, my comment would be that this is inverse logic which makes it more difficult to think about and understand. Given that it's a subscription centre, you'd normally expect to be able to opt IN to things, rather than just be presented with a list of things to opt OUT of. For example - presenting an option that says 'I want to opt out of product information' means that the customer has to do a positive action (tick the box) to get a negative outcome (unsubscribe). It isn't technically wrong, but it does make understanding all of the smart campaigns and processing at the back end harder to grasp.

When I build a subscription centre, I sit and document every single possible action that a person could take with the centre, then engineer the campaigns accordingly. Then, I go through every single possible action again and test that what I've set up is actually working. It takes time, but if you have worked out all the possible scenarios it's a great way to find all the little loopholes and things you may have either missed, or not considered. Things to test for could include:

- Do you treat a customer any different to a prospect? Has this been accounted for?

- What if they are an existing lead, and unsubscribe from everything?

- What if they are an existing lead, and unsubscribe from one product category?

- What if that lead then re-subscribes to that product category?

- What if they are a brand new lead who has somehow found your subscription centre and fills out the form? (are you assigning the right acquisition programs, lead source, lead source details, subscriptions etc)

- If they unsubscribe completely, are you capturing the reason why?

- What if someone submits the form without ticking anything?

The above list is by no means exhaustive, and your testing scenarios will be unique to your business and setup.

I hope that helps!

Diana