SOLVED

Re: Subscription Center Questions - Forcing a Redirect to Create Profile & Having Save Changes & Global Unsubscribe Button

Go to solution
Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

Subscription Center Questions - Forcing a Redirect to Create Profile & Having Save Changes & Global Unsubscribe Button

Hi everyone, I am in the process of setting up a subscription center for our company. Right now, we have 3 of 4 pages created for our overall subscription center (Creating Your Profile, Subscription Center with Subscription Options, Subscription Confirmation and the Unsubscribe Confirmation [is to be completed]).

There are a few things that we are trying to accomplish with our subscription center.

The first is to be able to automatically re-direct someone to Create his/her profile if there is no cookie or data in the profile information (i.e. First, Last, Email, Company Name, etc.). This is so that someone doesn't go to the Subscription Center without any profile information because they would be anonymous.

The second is to be able to have two buttons on the page that work for submitting the form. The first button would be to save the changes, essentially confirming the subscription options. The second would be a button that functions as an Global Unsubscribe. You can see the general format of how we would like these to look below.

pastedImage_0.png

Please let me know if any of you need any additional information to assist, and thanks so much for your help!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Subscription Center Questions - Forcing a Redirect to Create Profile & Having Save Changes & Global Unsubscribe Button

The first is to be able to automatically re-direct someone to Create his/her profile if there is no cookie or data in the profile information (i.e. First, Last, Email, Company Name, etc.).

This is so that someone doesn't go to the Subscription Center without any profile information because they would be anonymous.

Segment the form.

Linked Segmentation is simple: does the person have the required fields or not? Default segment sees the signup form, or gets redirected to a separate signup page via JavaScript in a Rich Text area on an otherwise blank form. The "Known" segment sees the subscription management form.

The first button would be to save the changes, essentially confirming the subscription options.

The second would be a button that functions as an Global Unsubscribe.

Hide the standard submit button via CSS (this is going to be clearer than adding just one button).

Add new <button> elements under the form.

First new button calls form.submit() with current values.

Second new button calls form.setValues() to check all the appropriate boxes, then calls form.submit().

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman

The first is to be able to automatically re-direct someone to Create his/her profile if there is no cookie or data in the profile information (i.e. First, Last, Email, Company Name, etc.).

This is so that someone doesn't go to the Subscription Center without any profile information because they would be anonymous.

Segment the form.

Linked Segmentation is simple: does the person have the required fields or not? Default segment sees the signup form, or gets redirected to a separate signup page via JavaScript in a Rich Text area on an otherwise blank form. The "Known" segment sees the subscription management form.

The first button would be to save the changes, essentially confirming the subscription options.

The second would be a button that functions as an Global Unsubscribe.

Hide the standard submit button via CSS (this is going to be clearer than adding just one button).

Add new <button> elements under the form.

First new button calls form.submit() with current values.

Second new button calls form.setValues() to check all the appropriate boxes, then calls form.submit().

Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

Thanks Sanford. I will look into Linked Segmentation. Would I then just hide the button that automatically gets added for the form with CSS in order to have these two buttons show side-by-side?

SanfordWhiteman

Set the whole .mktoButtonRow to

display: none;

is what I'd recommend.

Bryan_Epstein
Level 6

Sanford, would you mind sending me over the documentation for linked segmentation? Is that here (Create a Segmentation - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation)?

SanfordWhiteman

Yes, by "linked Segmentation" I mean the Segmentation your dynamic content is linked to.

Justin_Laberge1
Level 4

Hey Bryan,

Sandy has answered your question pretty much but I just wanted to point out a small usability issue with your two button design you've posted. I'd be concerned that people would select their options to unsubscribe from and then would click the "Unsubscribe button" to do just that, thinking their selections have been unsubscribed when in fact they have unsubscribed completely.

Just something to think about