Subscribe to a smart list - how are you using this feature?

Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Subscribe to a smart list - how are you using this feature?

I am interested to know how the members of the community are using the new "subscribe to a smart list" feature. What are some of the lists and who is receiving them?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Subscribe to a smart list - how are you using this feature?

Hi:

Mostly what I and my clients use it for is to get report information on leads in the database.  So, for example if I want to see all of the new leads generated by a campaign this week and send them as a list to my sales manager so she can distribute them to the sales team for follow up, voila.  

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Hi Alex,

One possible use is the report for sending to lead owners for when their leads are taking an action in Marketo. E.g. clicks link in an email in past week, which will send the report to lead owner on a weekly basis.

Another use is interesting moments report. Looking for more ideas!

Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

We've disabled anything related to Smart List subscriptions as we feel it causes a data security risk.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Alex,

I have subscriptions set up to export data prior to being deleted from the system. We have automated data management campaigns, but for security purposes we need to keep a list on hand. The smart list subscription has allowed me to automate these campaigns instead of needing to manually export the smart list and then manually running the campaign.

Anonymous
Not applicable

One of my client used this functionality to 'fulfil' and physically mail out 'sample items' requested by a Marketo based form. We had a Marketo form and a smart list which filtered out 'unwanted' leads, employees etc from that form-fill. This smart list subscription was then sent to an internal employee who took care of mailing the samples.

Actually, I implemented this functionality 'before' smart list subscription was supported by Marketo. I built my own 'smartlist subscription' business workflow using Marketo webhooks, Google sheets and related programming at that time. Later, we started using Marketo out of the box functionality.

Rajesh

Iryna_Zhuravel4
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

In addition to RCA/RCE reports I subscribed our demand gen team to the smart lists related to our demand gen campaigns, this way they can see the quality of the leads (generic emails, students etc) coming from different sources and adjust media campaigns accordingly.