Re: Submit form data that does not require database field

Mathias_Hornstr
Level 2

Submit form data that does not require database field

Hi,

I was wondering if its possible to send data to a form, that is not saved to the database?

Right now we are struggling with the creation of a lot of new fields for every campaign we do. These campaigns are relatively short lived, and some of the data submitted is only used to determine "if" statements in the campaign flow.

The result of this is that we end up with a lot of exces fields, and a lot of clean up for every campaign we have run, so is there a way to only save the most crucial data from a form submit?

Best regards,

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
David_Lyons
Level 2

We have a suite of "flex" fields (Flex field 1, Flex field 2, etc.) we use in situations like this. The fields are programmed to clear after 30 minutes, which gives the program smart campaign enough time to use the values. If you want to keep or communicate the values captured in flex fields, add a flow step to move the value to a permanent field like Person Notes.

Mathias_Hornstr
Level 2

I like this solution. I am not the one creating fields, but is "clear after 30 min" a function when creating fields or some "campaign hack" that clears fields?

Could you provide a link to further info.

Thanks in advance

David_Lyons
Level 2

We're using simple operational trigger campaigns.

2020-01-09 08_41_28-Marketo _ Reset Flex Field 1 (Smart List) • Marketing Activities.png

2020-01-09 08_42_29-Marketo _ Reset Flex Field 1 (Flow) • Marketing Activities.png

We've been working with flex fields this way for the last 5+ years. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If you want fields that only exist ephemerally, you can add form fields to a Rich Text area, and append field values to the Thank You page. Then use Visits Web Page (not Filled Out Form) to trigger on those values.