Re: Submit Form Smart List Trigger for Referral Offer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Submit Form Smart List Trigger for Referral Offer

I have set my fulfillment goal to "smart list trigger."

I want to assign credit to the referrer when a referral completes a lead form.

How do I set up the smart list? Which social trigger would I use?

Thanks in advance for your help!

7 REPLIES 7
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Kelly,

As I understand it, you'd need to set up a smart campaign to do this. If you're want to give the credit after the referral fills out a form, then you'd use the Fills Out Form trigger and name your form. You can then use the Give Credit To Referrer flow step in the Flow of the campaign, and choose the Referral Program you're working with.  This should automatically give credit in that program to the person that referred the lead who just filled out the form.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, John. This is how I originally set up the smart campaign. It didn't seem to work because (I think) in the smart list, there is no way to identify the referrer. My thought was to add "Clicks Shared Link" and "Fills Out Form," but two trigger filters follows the "OR" logic.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can use Signs up for referral offer and use one of the constraints.  Not sure you can do this on a per referrer basis.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Jamie. To my understanding "Signs up for the Referral offer," means that the referral opts into the referral offer, not necessarily completes the action, which for us would be to complete a lead form. Any I understanding that wrong?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I set up the smart campaign with the trigger "Fills Out Form" and the flow step to assign credit to referrer. When testing, I get an error message in the results detail "Skipped Empty Syndication ID." Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kelly,

did you ever find a solution for this?

I have the same issue, and am not able to find any solutions

Anton_Belo1
Level 2

Hi has anyone been able to resolve this. I talked to Marketo support and I just had them tell me look in "the discussion thread". Then she proceeded to tell me that she did not know how to use it either.