SOLVED

Subject line A/B testing

Go to solution
Vlada_Prasolova
Level 5

Subject line A/B testing

i have a very stupid question about subject line A/B testing
i had set everything up - added 2 subject lines, selected criteria, chosen segment, approved the test, but when i sent my email, there was only 1 subject line that was sent - no testing 
i check the documentation and it appears, i did everything there was to do, but apparently, not
What did i miss out?(((
0EM50000000Sgur.jpg

0EM50000000Sguw.jpg

0EM50000000Sgv1.jpg
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Subject line A/B testing

Hi Vlada, was this a batch campaign or a triggered campaign? I'm willing to bet it was batch -- where A/B testing won't work.

I've gotten around this by having a batch campaign to add people to a list, and being added to that list activates a triggered campaign for the A/B subject line send.

Another thing I'll do is create two separate emails (without the A/B test), then create a batch campaign that has a send where the flow step uses the choice "Random sample is 50%" and it sends one of the emails, and the default option is the other email. I prefer this option because it keeps the reporting on the two emails forever whereas the reporting shown in your image above will disappear once you choose a champion. 

Here's an image to clarify the second option described above:

0EM50000000SgvG.jpg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Vlada, was this a batch campaign or a triggered campaign? I'm willing to bet it was batch -- where A/B testing won't work.

I've gotten around this by having a batch campaign to add people to a list, and being added to that list activates a triggered campaign for the A/B subject line send.

Another thing I'll do is create two separate emails (without the A/B test), then create a batch campaign that has a send where the flow step uses the choice "Random sample is 50%" and it sends one of the emails, and the default option is the other email. I prefer this option because it keeps the reporting on the two emails forever whereas the reporting shown in your image above will disappear once you choose a champion. 

Here's an image to clarify the second option described above:

0EM50000000SgvG.jpg
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If you want to AB test in batch, use an Email Send Program.

If you want to AB test inside a Trigger or Engagement, use the Champion/Challenger.