Re: Subject Line Test in Smart Campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

Subject Line Test in Smart Campaign

Hello,

I have an email series where I want to subject line test each email. There are 3 emails. What's the best way to create this campaign?

Do I have create an email program for each email? Or, is there a better way to do it in a smart campaign?

Thanks!

Sam

6 REPLIES 6
Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

A simple way would be to create a program of type Email.

In the setup, you can create subject line tests and also indicate what percent of the audience you want to be a part of the test, what the winning criteria is, and when to send out the winning email to the rest of the audience. See Email Test - A/B Test - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Andy,

The other alternative is to set an "email test". Click on your emails and hit the "New test" menu.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I'd have to create an email program for each email? Was hoping there was a way to manage this in a workflow.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Sam,

No, with my method, you can then add them to a standard smart campaign.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gregoire,

When you send click on the emails and hit the 'new test' menu...where am I doing this?

Also, in your method, I can run 3 a/b tests in one smart campaign?

Thanks for your help!
Sam

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sam:

No, you will not need to create multiple email campaigns.  You can do this with a single program of the type email send.  In this type you choose your audience (smart list)  then pick your email.  When you pick your email you will have the option to add an A/B test.  When you select add A/B test you can choose a subject line test and test as many subject lines as you want.