Styling embedded forms

Anonymous
Not applicable

Styling embedded forms

We have embedded a Marketo 2.0 form into our website but are having trouble styling all of the fields too look the same - specifically,  a dropdown field. Is there an existing guide/resource for styling embedded forms? 

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Rafael_Santoni1
Level 5

Re: Styling embedded forms

Teisia,

From what I have seen, you are probably going to have to create custom styling with CSS for the specific form design you choose. I have not found anything like what you are looking for, but I have been playing for a while with creating custom CSS for the forms and I noticed that depending on the form style, and the buttons you select, the final code rendered by Marketo is different to style the forms.

I might be mistaken, but that is what I detected a few weeks ago. I am planning on creating my own guide based on what I find as I do more and more customizations. If I get some time to create an actual document that could help others, I will probably post it here in the community site.

So far the only documentation I have found does not include that.
http://developers.marketo.com/documentation/websites/forms-2-0/

Good luck!

Rafael

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Styling embedded forms

the best thing to do is use your browser developer tools, find out what classes/ID are applied to it and override either with CSS (and from my experience you need to use the !important declaration with marketo...) or use a jquery selector $(#id).css etc etc etc.. im a huge fan of the jquery route since there is a bunch of CSS being applied and you never really know whats going to override your css declaration.