SOLVED

Re: Stream cadence windows

Go to solution
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Stream cadence windows

Hello,

I am interested in having a different time frame in between the emails in a stream cadence. Instead of the usual "every two weeks" there are very specific times for the leads to get the next email (ex. April 19, May 3, May 18) and they are not always exactly 2 weeks apart. What I was thinking was to change the cadence to daily and then edit the availability for each email. So if a cadence hits and none of the emails are available, the lead will remain in the stream until the next day where it will check for another email that is available.

Anyone have experience with this and know if it will work?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal

Greg,

There are many more than those 3 emails (essentially 2 or 3 per month for the foreseeable future), I just listed those to show it is not a set time between them. The problem with separate email or smart campaigns is that it is time-consuming and I want to automate this process.

I found that editing availability for emails is the best way and it is much easier to do so by simply adding new content to the stream instead of creating another outside email program or smart campaign.

Thanks for all your help.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Jason_Hamilton1
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

Hi Devraj,

What you are suggesting may work, but have you considered just using a smart campaign with wait steps instead of an engagement program?

Jason

Dan_Stevens_

Or better yet, an engagement program with regular Marketo programs (rather than just emails).  This will allow you, as Jason suggests, to include additional logic than what's available with the limited EP cadence options.

Devraj_Grewal

Jason,

I had originally designed it as a smart campaign with date tokens in the wait steps. But the issue is that when new leads enter the program, I do not want them receiving the first emails as those are only to ever be sent on a specific date. So if I make them unavailable, newer leads into the program will receive the same email all leads in the stream will when the next cadence hits.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Devraj,

Indeed, scheduling availability of content is a simple and efficient solution. It will work and it will ensure that, once the date is passed, the content will not be sent.

Another very simple way of using it just to Use 3 email programs or 3 batch smart campaigns. After tens of projects and iterations on how to send a series of emails to invite people to an event (1 save-the-date, 1 main invite, a second personalized invite) at precisely fixed date, I finally came to the conclusions that 3 separate batch or email programs is the simplest way, and moreover a way that all users in charge of setting it will understand.

-Greg

Devraj_Grewal

Greg,

There are many more than those 3 emails (essentially 2 or 3 per month for the foreseeable future), I just listed those to show it is not a set time between them. The problem with separate email or smart campaigns is that it is time-consuming and I want to automate this process.

I found that editing availability for emails is the best way and it is much easier to do so by simply adding new content to the stream instead of creating another outside email program or smart campaign.

Thanks for all your help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a similar question and this response answered it very nicely. Thanks!!