Stream cadence setup by number of days, not date

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stream cadence setup by number of days, not date

I'm trying to set up a smart campaign in Marketo where contacts within a specific list will be sent an email 7 days after they are added, and another email after 25 days. Every day a new batch of contacts will be added to the lead list.

What’s the best approach to setting something up like this in Marketo? When I try to set up a stream cadence for the emails, I only see the option to set a regular time, i.e. every other Tuesday at 3pm.

Thanks in advance.
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Stream cadence setup by number of days, not date

Yes, you can't do that in Engagements.

Engagement Streams have a regular cadence like once a week or every 25th of the month. You can't make it variable.

I recommend setting up two different Streams OR using a regular program if it is important to you that the timing be precise as well as variable. A campaign with a wait step will work very well for this.

See my presentation on this for more:
http://www.slideshare.net/jdavidhill/marketo-engagements-and-drip-nurturing-boston-user-group-dec-10-2013

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Stream cadence setup by number of days, not date

Hi Margaux,

You can always set up a simple drip nurture campaign in a regular program if the logic is simple and then you can do these time-based emails, but Josh is correct in saying that the Engagement engine does not do this.