SOLVED

Stored URLs and Display name URL

Go to solution
Sarah_Greig2
Level 3

Stored URLs and Display name URL

I've set up a form which gives people the ability to choose multiple pieces of content. The content is stored as URLs in a field (field type URL). The URLs are then pulled thorugh via the field token as the URL.

This is fine but can I use a display name URL instead of the actual URL. I have no idea how I would go about this.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Stored URLs and Display name URL

It sounds like it is storign the proper value(the url) but on a followup email he want to dispaly a nice name and the url to go in the link.  You can't do conditinals in the {{}} tokens nor nest them.  

Top possible ways to do it:
Create a segment in the email body and segment by the Url field.  This will duplicate the content but you can then change the link text on each.

- OR - 

Create a second custom field(field type Name) and add it as a hidden field on the form.  Then add custom Javascript to the landign page where the form is rendered to hook onto the controll where they select the content.  When it changes it automaticaly puts its value(the url) in its field.  Add custom code here to have it take the display value(the name) and assign it to the second hidden field.  In this way the resulting email or thank you page can use both variables.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Are you asking the person to choose "Webinar X" and then it routes them to Webinar X?

You should do that with a temp values and have the Thank You Page Choice work based on that choice.
Sarah_Greig2
Level 3

They have the choice of six pieces of content. So they choose for example  'x','y','z' and they get an email with the actual URLs where they can download the content. But I want to show the diplay names of the content instead of the URLs so 'x' instead of 'http//www.x.com'.
David_Desrosie2
Level 4

If you are trying to change the value displayed in the form (so that the user can select the content byt it's name as opposed to it's url), you can edit the display values of your URL fields and make it show the Title of the related content. 

Here is an article about editing form display vs stored values. 

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LH9gCAG

Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like it is storign the proper value(the url) but on a followup email he want to dispaly a nice name and the url to go in the link.  You can't do conditinals in the {{}} tokens nor nest them.  

Top possible ways to do it:
Create a segment in the email body and segment by the Url field.  This will duplicate the content but you can then change the link text on each.

- OR - 

Create a second custom field(field type Name) and add it as a hidden field on the form.  Then add custom Javascript to the landign page where the form is rendered to hook onto the controll where they select the content.  When it changes it automaticaly puts its value(the url) in its field.  Add custom code here to have it take the display value(the name) and assign it to the second hidden field.  In this way the resulting email or thank you page can use both variables.
Sarah_Greig2
Level 3

Thanks great. For the segment solution. If the person chooses multiple content items (or only one) will they see the content in one block (removing blank blocks) or a bunch of links with spaces between the segments?