SOLVED

Stop De-depe when importing a list

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stop De-depe when importing a list

I am trying to take up a list to Marketo for an email send. An email address looks after 7 accounts and requires an email about each account (example: Registration for vehicle is due). However, when I take up the list, Marketo de dupes. Which means, the email address will only receive information about 1 account and not the other 6. How do I work around this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Stop De-depe when importing a list

If these are Gmail accounts, you could use the "+" trick to designate different emails in Marketo but have them feed to the same Gmail account.

1 Awesome Gmail Address Tip You Don't Know About. Seriously

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure if this would be completely feasible, but one solution could be to use your CRM.  Our Marketo is connected to Salesforce and I have found that if we have two or more contacts or leads with the same email address in Salesforce, these will all appear in Marketo as different leads.  The problem with this is still that if you tried to send all those people the same email, Marketo would still de-dupe the list and only send it to the email address once (e.g. if you tried to add them all to the same email program).  I think that if you sent emails separately (like through a smart campaign) or similar triggered approach, that might allow you to send multiple emails to the same address for the different people/the different accounts it represents.

Simon

Anonymous
Not applicable

If these are Gmail accounts, you could use the "+" trick to designate different emails in Marketo but have them feed to the same Gmail account.

1 Awesome Gmail Address Tip You Don't Know About. Seriously