SOLVED

Re: Stay on Same Page Form Submits

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stay on Same Page Form Submits

I looked for similar discussions and was unable to find anything. I figured this would be a popular ask for forms 2.0

On form submission, can I make the submitter stay on the same page, but just display a message after submit, such as thank you. Basically as if the form was submitted via AJAX.

Thanks.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Eric,

There is an example of the JavaScript you will need to use in order to achieve this on the Marketo Developers site. 

Example 1 - Hide the form after successful submission.  Does not take the visitor to the follow up p...

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Valerie_Armstro
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Eric,

There is an example of the JavaScript you will need to use in order to achieve this on the Marketo Developers site. 

Example 1 - Hide the form after successful submission.  Does not take the visitor to the follow up p...

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks! exactly what I was looking for.

Jim_DiModica
Level 3

Valerie -

The script works for me, but I need a little more. I need for a confirmation to be revealed when the form hides. The form is in a table cell. I tried making a GIF saying "Thank You" as the cell's background image, but it's not covered by the form. The GIF is visible along with the form. How can I display a confirmation where the form was?

Thanks!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Jim, sounds like ultimately a CSS issue. If you want to reveal on hide, you have to get positioning and z-order right. Pleas post a link to your page.

Jim_DiModica
Level 3

Hi Sanford -

Because the contest started yesterday I had to go with separate form and confirmation pages. I am interested in a resolution, and appreciate your looking into this so I posted the important portion of the code here. It's a test form, so if you need to submit it, please feel free.

Thanks, and happy holidays!

Jim

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

For that particular design, you were just missing a background color on the form:

.mktoForm {

background-color: white;

}

(+ match the TD background color)

Jim_DiModica
Level 3

Absolutely worked! Tip of the hat to you, Sanford.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is the link to example form Val mentioned:
http://developers.marketo.com/assets/Forms2DevExamples/example1.html
Anonymous
Not applicable

A copy, just in case that example ever dies: Marketo Forms 2.0 Example 1 - JSFiddle