State "first value" will not appear using Visibility Rules in Forms 2.0?

Anonymous
Not applicable

State "first value" will not appear using Visibility Rules in Forms 2.0?

Heya.. 

I'm using Visibility Rules to show/hide State/rProvince fields dynamically in my form. They are hidden until the user selects United States or Canada . If one of those is selected, the appropriate State/Province appears.. but the default "blank value" option does not come thorugh. 

Since I'm using Inline Label Placeholders on this form, it is important that my first "blank value" option shows in these picklists to inform the user that this is required (and my Label tags are hidden). 

Here are the Visibility Rules.. 

0EM50000000RzRQ.jpg

Here's the preview from within Marketo - so its not any of my JS.. 

0EM50000000RzRa.jpg

and here's how things will look on the LP with the Inline Labels.. 

0EM50000000RzRf.jpg

and once US/CAN are selected.. the blank State/Prov value really becomes an issue:

0EM50000000RzRk.jpg

Any thoughts on this?  Thanks!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: State "first value" will not appear using Visibility Rules in Forms 2.0?

HI Peter,

I had the same issue with my lists and was given the following response by support:

Hi Dory! The official word on this issue is to always make sure the Picklist values in the Visibility Rule exactly match the values list above. This is intended functionality and not considered a bug. It doesn't look like they have any intention of fixing it.

As long as there's no discrepancy between the values list and the visibility picklists it should all work fine.

- Jordan Lund

My takeaway from this was that we had to make the first value in both of the lists: State or Province

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes that's correct Dory.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh.. that works beautifully. Thanks Dory! 

Would be nice to customize these for the proper country, but maybe I'll just do that with some scripting if it comes up.