SOLVED

Split the audience target 50-50

Go to solution
Yash
Level 4 - Community Advisor

Split the audience target 50-50

Will be pulling the audience using the standard database fields and need to deploy 2 emails to the resulting target. The use case is really simple but not sure how to accomplish this. Would simply need to split the target randomly to two different sets and deploy two emails to the resulting set. Please advise, thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Carrie_Chandle1
Level 6 - Community Advisor

Re: Split the audience target 50-50

Christiane_Rode

One quick tip is to also ensure your source data is clean of duplicate emails. 

You don't want to do a 50/50 random sample, and then have two records with the same email address (Record A/Record B) end up on two different lists and the same address will get two emails.

This may not be an issue for you, but our CRM pushes over records with duplicate emails, and we have to be careful when we run tests, so I thought I'd mention it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Carrie_Chandle1

Yash

This works, thanks @Carrie_Chandle1 !

Christiane_Rode

One quick tip is to also ensure your source data is clean of duplicate emails. 

You don't want to do a 50/50 random sample, and then have two records with the same email address (Record A/Record B) end up on two different lists and the same address will get two emails.

This may not be an issue for you, but our CRM pushes over records with duplicate emails, and we have to be careful when we run tests, so I thought I'd mention it.

Yash

Thanks @Christiane_Rode

This was helpful 🙂