Speeding up iFrame load times

Anonymous
Not applicable

Speeding up iFrame load times

When I try to place an iFrame of a marketo landing page on one of my website's pages, it makes the load time slow an additional 3 seconds. Does anyone know if this would be quicker if it was just a form that was iFramed rather than an entire landing page iFramed?

Other solutions to increase load time speeds of pages with Marketo landing page iFrames are welcome as well. Thank you!
Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Re: Speeding up iFrame load times

We tend to have the marketo form on a blank marketo landing page, there is a slight delay but not much.we have to push refferal URL data into the hidden fields.
With the new Forms 2.0, you can just embed the form code on your non marketo page and it seems quick enough so far.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, not the best solution, because Progressive Profiling does not work with the embedded 2.0 code.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue. Did anyone come-up with a solution to this yet?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

What issue?   What's the specific reason you're not using the embed code? 

SanfordWhiteman

I should add there's no such thing as "just a form that is iframed".  Only HTML documents can appear in an IFRAME, not mere HTML snippets. So when people speak of "iframed forms" they always mean "iframed LPs."

Creating a new barebones template, with no Munchkin or any other unused libraries, is the way to reduce the load time of the LP. But I would also rethink the need for the iframe in the first place.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Again, iframed Marketo landing pages are the only option for progressive profiling without writing additional code on top of the embed code. Also, we need to use iframes to get the best of both words of tracking activity in both Google Analytics and Marketo.

SanfordWhiteman

Progressive Profiling absolutely works with embedded forms. This is frequently misunderstood.

If you choose to use IFRAMEs in order to get Landing Page impressions, that's your call, but you are explicitly loading an additional document.  If you don't cut all the unused junk out of that page, you can't expect it to magically load any faster just because it's not a "real" page.  It is fundamentally impossible for it to load any faster than that same page would in a browser.

Anonymous
Not applicable

>>Progressive Profiling absolutely works with embedded forms.

What's the trick to make it work?

These two web pages uses the same form:

1.  iframe Marketo landing page:   https://neo4j.com/business-subscription/

progressive profile works

2.  embedded: Introducing the Neo4j 7-Day Sandbox - Neo4j Graph Database

progressive profile does not work

Thanks.

SanfordWhiteman

No tricks. A ProgPro-enabled form on on page w/Munchkin works. I'll check your links later.