SOLVED

Specific Landing Pages for Tradeshows/Events

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Specific Landing Pages for Tradeshows/Events

Hello all, long-time listener, first-time conversation starter. (Little shy, too.)

PREFACE: It has been several years since I've used Marketo/SFDC and I'm in the process of implementing Mkto for my corporation now (B2B). I've also only been here a few months....(No pressure, right?)

So here's the question that hit me at 2 a.m.: We don't do/attend/sponsor many "events," but I'm wondering if we should make landing pages that are specific for each one (and provide the unique URL to the event coordinator).

1) Our website is lacking information when it comes to our product offerings. In that regard, it would make sense to have pages that are a little more tailored to the event.

2) But that aside, would you see a benefit in campaign tracking and marketing getting more credit for the interesting moment (or whatever) if we take the landing page vs. the standard web page approach? I know that Marketo already captures the referring page, etc., but wondering if there are additional advantages. Marketo and MA has changed so much since I've been in it and I haven't been able to dig in too deeply since we don't have the program up and running yet. And I admit, I'm also trying to get my brain back into the game. I may be overthinking, of course, and/or lacking logic-influencing caffeine.

Again, we don't have our platform up and running yet...just thinking ahead.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Julz_James
Level 10

Re: Specific Landing Pages for Tradeshows/Events

Hi Brooke,

You should definitely do different landing pages for each event.  It makes it much easier to tracking how well the invites are performing but also you can see how many people are visiting and maybe not converting to attend or book a session/meeting/demo.

You can use query strings on your URLs if you want to push the event page via lots of different channels and then track who is filling in the forms or visiting the pages from any of the sources.  You could even give sales a URL to use if you want to differentiate between marketing and sales leads. 

Hope that makes sense?

Juli

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Brittany_Stover
Level 5 - Champion Alumni

Are you thinking that the landing pages would be a place for lead gathering or event registering? Or just a place for them to know what future events your company is attending and exhibiting at?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Brooke,

Woo, conference season! I built all of our event campaigns and landing pages so I think I can help you out here. We create landing pages for events we are attending and/or sponsoring and we have 4 coming in the next 2 months! Our event marketing experience depends on how we segment you and the emails correspond to that segment. We do not link our event pages onto our webpage but promote via email, social, and WOM (on the phone, networking, and at our own event that we are hosting). We also use our own product to capture and engage with people Tweeting about the conference and social lead monitoring.

Here is a sample landing page for Dreamforce and Inbound:

INBOUND Registration 2016

DreamForce2016  

If you're interested, you can fill out one these forms and see the experience for yourself. (We are not sponsoring Dreamforce, so that might be a good one. You should only get 2 emails from it).

Feel free to reach out to me directly if you want to chat more. Hope that helps!

Julz_James
Level 10

Hi Brooke,

You should definitely do different landing pages for each event.  It makes it much easier to tracking how well the invites are performing but also you can see how many people are visiting and maybe not converting to attend or book a session/meeting/demo.

You can use query strings on your URLs if you want to push the event page via lots of different channels and then track who is filling in the forms or visiting the pages from any of the sources.  You could even give sales a URL to use if you want to differentiate between marketing and sales leads. 

Hope that makes sense?

Juli

Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely! Thanks to all! That is exactly what I was thinking in the abyss of my memory. Nice to know I’ve still “got it” (at least a little bit).

Than you all for your continued mentorship! I’m sure sooner or later I’ll be back!

Yours in Marketo fandom,

*B