SOLVED

Re: Special Characters - é è ç à ï ä

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Special Characters - é è ç à ï ä

We never had problems uploading lists with special characters in the past, but today all leads I upload with special characters such as é è ç à ï ä all appear as � � � � �. My file format is CSV and UTF-8, so I don't understand why this is happening. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

We always export our Excel lists as Unicode Text.  And then import into Marketo as tab-delimited.  No issues for us.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bobby, this sounds like a bug. I'll look into it and circle back with you. Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bobby, I just tested importing a list into your subscription and have confirmed that this is a bug. Can you please contact support and let them know about this issue so we can get it fixed? Please tell them that I asked you to tell them that your subscription has fast list import turned on and this bug may be related to that. Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Ei-Mang! I'll open a ticket for this.
Harun_Pinto
Level 2

Have your problem been resolved as I`m still experiencing the same with special characters...Do I have to open a ticket too?

Dan_Stevens_

We always export our Excel lists as Unicode Text.  And then import into Marketo as tab-delimited.  No issues for us.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bobby - we seem to now be experiencing this issue and support isn't really understanding that problem.  Where you able to resolve on your end?  Was it a fast list import issue as stated above?  It has literally just started happening in the last day or so.

Thanks

Dan_Stevens_

This is currently an issue/bug for many of us - that has cropped up just this week (after the Winter release was deployed last weekend).  We, personally have a ticket open with Support, but as of now, they are not admitting that it's a bug.  See more in this recent thread: Issues with Unicode uploads