SOLVED

Spam filters registering clicks?

Go to solution
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Spam filters registering clicks?

Courtney GrimesMatt RobertsDan Stevens​ (and anyone else) if you can confirm what Venus discovered please do so I can get the workaround out... this stuff is difficult to test independently as I eventually got blacklisted by MessageLabs -- and whitelisting skips the test entirely. Of course I have other addresses to test with but more input is better.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I'd be happy to provide insight here.  Can you just summarize what the specific ask is?

SanfordWhiteman

We need to establish that the link-prefetching scanners don't execute JS. 

So: do you see a pattern of Clicked Email activities that would usually be followed by a Visit Web Page activity (that is, the link in the email goes to a page that runs Munchkin) but don't have a subsequent Visit Web Page?

I was able to observe this with MessageLabs (Symantec).

Casey_Grimes
Level 10

This is actually a pretty ingenious concept, but I'm probably going to have to wait a little bit in terms of testing (don't have any nurtures doing numbers large enough for a sample size right now and none of my clients have a blast going in the next few days.) I'll definitely try this and report back in the next week or two, though.

SanfordWhiteman

OK!

Conor_Fitzpatri
Level 6

While I don't have a high volume of examples, I've observed this behavior in my instance. In fact, we have some "hand raise" links that say click here to be contacted and I added a visited webage constraint to the smart campaign that triggers the alert to our reps. Before adding the constraint, I had reps complaining that some people they were calling stated they never clicked the link despite the click being recorded in their activity log.

SanfordWhiteman

That supports the concept. Thanks! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have a lot going on at present - it will take me some time to get around to this, likely not for another month or so. But I'll try to look at this when I can.

SanfordWhiteman

Cool, I know everyone's busy... just need enough people to be interested because frankly I can't get my own team worked up about this (though they should be).

Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

Hi Venus. How did you actually set up your scoring for clicks in Marketo? I was looking to add a filter that contains "web activity" is not empty.