Spam/Compliance Email Marketing Resources

Anonymous
Not applicable

Spam/Compliance Email Marketing Resources

Hi everyone,

Was curious if there are some good resources online regarding email compliance. I've found some good articles and researched some of the different laws on a country by country basis - The biggest thing I am interested in is any resources that provide some good real-world examples to go with the laws.

For example, if we had a booth at a tradeshow and collected business cards for a drawing, would we be able to legally bulk email those contacts? How would this differ between countries? Or if we purchased a list. Things like that. Hoping that will give me a better understanding of the laws and also help with a document we are creating for all of our campaign managers. We already know the basics (have opt out link, company info in footer, no deceptive subject lines, can't email those who haven't given consent in countries like Canada, etc.) but some real-world examples would help clear up some grey areas.

Any insight would be most appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Spam/Compliance Email Marketing Resources

Here is a great resource regarding blacklists and how to avoid them as well as how to get removed if you are on one: Top Blacklists - What you need to know. It also provides information on what each spam trap considers "spam".

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Spam/Compliance Email Marketing Resources

Awesome. Thank you, Devraj!