SOLVED

Re: Spaces in Filters

Go to solution
Simran_Singh_Ch
Level 1

Hey @SanfordWhiteman , for some reason %20 is not working on the smart list.

Case 1: When I am replacing CTO (for example) with %20, it works fine.

Case 2: When I add %20 infront of CTO (%20CTO), for some reason this doesn't work. Do you know why? I get 404 in the response.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I'd have to debug it more directly. There's no inherent reason why this wouldn't work.

namita
Level 1

This is a fantastic solution, @SanfordWhiteman! I want to use this in our segment where we have a Job Title filter where we use contains. Is there any way to implement your solution so it can be used in the Database section of Marketo? 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It’ll work on any Smart List if you touch up and replay the request as indicated.

namita
Level 1

Thanks @SanfordWhiteman! I created the line break in Marketing Activities, but I need to apply it in the Database section. It doesn't seem like it works because it's in a different part of Marketo. Is there something I'm doing wrong or a workaround to use it in a different section then where the token sits?  

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Apologies for jumping in here, but I think you're confusing line breaks (%5Cn) vs. adding the space (%20) char values. Also, as Sandy said, you'd need to touch up and replay the request as indicated in his blog post (use %20 for the space character instead of %5Cn). Additionally, you'd write values in the campaign flow and use the %20 in the smart list to filter later when required. As long as the workspace can access the partition the person is in, you should be able to filter on people via the smart list created anywhere (doesn't matter whether or not the token value is reference-able at the place where you create the smart list). To be clear, the concern arises when writing the value in the field, not when using it for smart list filtering.

namita
Level 1

Thank you @Darshil_Shah1! I created a space (using %20) and line break, but am still having issues getting the space to function in a smart list. If you have 5 minutes for me to walk through what I've done, I would appreciate it! 

Darshil_Shah1

Sure- I can hop on a call with you! Please DM me your availability. I can post an update or summary of our discussion here, so it'd help people looking at this thread later. Just to be sure, have you updated the values for that field with the token first?

namita
Level 1

Hm, that could be the issue. I'm flexible on time since you're helping me and will DM you. Thank you!

Darshil_Shah1

I just replied back to your DM. 🙂