SOLVED

Some questions around Workspaces & Partitions

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some questions around Workspaces & Partitions

We've had Marketo implemented for 2 years and recently upgraded to get Workspaces & Partitions. I have the partitions and workspaces built and have read lots of the Marketo documentation, but want to verify a couple of things before I start moving leads around.

- I have included all of the partitions in our default workspace. This workspace also currently contains all of our assets/campaigns/programs. When I start moving leads into the different partitions, I don't need to move these over right away since the default partition can see all of the leads, correct?

- One of the workspaces is for a separate domain. Has anyone run into any issues using different cnames/domains for their workspaces?

- Did you experience any unexpected consquences or "gotchas" when setting up W&P?

- Any other tips or best practices you learned during your implementation of W&P?

Thanks for the help!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Some questions around Workspaces & Partitions

1. Lead Partitions - you only need to physically separate leads if they absolutely have to be separated by BU or Region, etc. Yes, the Default can see all leads as long as the WS can see the LPs.
  2. WS Default - you should share any Asset Templates or lists or segmentations that will be universal.
  3. WS by Domain - use separate munchkin code from Admin. There are separate threads on multiple domain issues.
  4. Default WS must have the campaign to manage routing of leads by LP. Do not rely on the Admin > WS flow.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

1. Lead Partitions - you only need to physically separate leads if they absolutely have to be separated by BU or Region, etc. Yes, the Default can see all leads as long as the WS can see the LPs.
  2. WS Default - you should share any Asset Templates or lists or segmentations that will be universal.
  3. WS by Domain - use separate munchkin code from Admin. There are separate threads on multiple domain issues.
  4. Default WS must have the campaign to manage routing of leads by LP. Do not rely on the Admin > WS flow.