SOLVED

Re: Solving the Weekly Demo - How to Operationalize without Over Complicating It

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Solving the Weekly Demo - How to Operationalize without Over Complicating It

Hello All,

So we use a re-occuring GTM for our weekly demo (one in each timezone). Currently we do not host the LP in Marketo because we would need a local form where you choose the date and then anyone that registers would need to route to the individual event. On top of that we have several partners that want to promote the weekly demos but not allow their leads to route into our main database which would mean I need to create separate routing rules for their parameter URLs.

This seems over complicated for something we would need every week. Has anyone created a simplified weekly demo backend that allows you to promote multiple dates of events and parameter URLs for channel partners? Are there best practices or tools to simplify this?

I've built this out in the more complicated way listed above, but it was a nightmare to manage. Because I had to update the dates every week and that includes separate programs for the international weekly demos.

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Solving the Weekly Demo - How to Operationalize without Over Complicating It

We do biweekly demos and just set them up as separate (non-recurring) GoToWebinar events with corresponding Marketo programs. I tokenize the hell out of the program so it's not too much work to clone all the programs. I do like the Marketing Rock Star Guide setup.

I wonder if for your partner leads you could use Workspaces. I learned about these at a recent Marketo User Group. It was recommended as a way to segregate leads. Another way would be to give them tracking URLs to a central signup landing page that lists all the webinar dates, then they click on the date that works best for them. Then you only need one tracking URL.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Kelley Sandoval

There is a good guide on this by Josh Hill​ that will point you in the right direction:

https://www.marketingrockstarguides.com/setup-recurring-webinars-in-marketo-1479/

I don't think it addresses your requirements around routing channel partner leads separately, but I believe that would be best managed as part of a central operational routing/lifecycle program rather than within a marketing program.

I have seen this work well using a tokenized Marketo LP and then individual programs for each event that listen to data values changing after people fill out the form on the signup LP in order to register people.

This still takes work but is quite reasonable to manage - clone one of the individual event programs, update some tokens on the central signup LP, and you're good to go.

If you post exactly how you've set it up now I can offer some more constructive suggestions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We do biweekly demos and just set them up as separate (non-recurring) GoToWebinar events with corresponding Marketo programs. I tokenize the hell out of the program so it's not too much work to clone all the programs. I do like the Marketing Rock Star Guide setup.

I wonder if for your partner leads you could use Workspaces. I learned about these at a recent Marketo User Group. It was recommended as a way to segregate leads. Another way would be to give them tracking URLs to a central signup landing page that lists all the webinar dates, then they click on the date that works best for them. Then you only need one tracking URL.