SOLVED

Re: Soft Bounces

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Soft Bounces

Every mail I send results in a significant number of soft bounces.

I've followed Josh Hill's Rockstar suggestion and created a Soft Bounce Control for re-sending this too, but this process is not super automated. 

Is there a way I can send the original mailer and add a flow to wait, then resend to soft bounces without having to create a separate control? If yes, what are the steps?

Thank you - Deirdre
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Deirdre,

Absolutely. You add the Wait step, then add another Send Email flow step. Add a choice, and select: "If Email Bounced Soft is *Your Email*, Email *Your Email*

For the Default Choice, leave as "--Do Nothing--"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Deirdre,

Absolutely. You add the Wait step, then add another Send Email flow step. Add a choice, and select: "If Email Bounced Soft is *Your Email*, Email *Your Email*

For the Default Choice, leave as "--Do Nothing--"

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm also setting up these steps in a campaign.
How long should you "wait" to be sure recipient doesn't receive this twice - assuming Marketo will try and resend the original soft bounce email?

Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Alistair - I hadn't thought of that at all and it must be the reason why when I set the campaign up as mentioned above - recipients receive the mailer twice. I've set my wait up for 2 days. Is that enough?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alistair,

I had another support ticket open that touched on this topic too and I think maybe the support technician clarified this for me even further. I'm going to copy his response here for you:

query from me:
I have used the flow if mail soft bounces, wait a couple days and then send again. My recipients though indicated they received the mailers more than once....Is this solely because I had not restricted them to run through the program once only? Is there a specific time I should incorporate as a "wait" to ensure the system isn't still trying to mail to them when my next mail goes out?

response from support (seems the wait wasn't the issue - although I was using a 2 day wait):
You'll want to change the "Default Choice" to a blank item. Meaning, if it soft bounced, send the email again. It it didn't, don't send anything because the 1st email made it through and was delivered.

** I had not left the default field blank, so my recipients were receiving multiple messages from me.