Social traffic on marketo landing page

Digital_OC
Level 2

Social traffic on marketo landing page

Hi all,

I have built a landing page in Marketo, is possible to reach this page both from email and social posting.

I would that my assets will be directly downloadable by my known users (from email) and not by users from social posting.

Is it this possible? I am interesting in profiling also the visitors coming from social posting and for this reason I would that for them the assets result gated.

How can I do this? Can I put a specific form which change in relation of my users or can connect a specific form on my social posting or something like that?

Any suggestion can be useful!

Many thanks,

Margherita

5 REPLIES 5
Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Re: Social traffic on marketo landing page

Hi Digital OC​,

Have you looked at using the "If known user" feature on forms.  This would remove the forms for anyone that you are already tracking regardless of whether they came from your email or socail post which would be an even better experience.

Show Custom HTML Form for Known People - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

For profiling the social users you should really be using utm parameters on your links that send people to the page so that you can profile based on that.  Also make sure to have the utm fields added to the form and set to hidden.

Set a Hidden Form Field Value - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

Thanks,

Gerard

Digital_OC
Level 2

Hello!

Thanks for your reply!

I am searching for a functionality to not show the form at all to our users.

Cheers,

Margherita

Mark_Price
Level 7

You could potentially do this with a little javascript / jquery code on the landing page in Marketo. 

Since email clicks normally put ?mkt_tok=  in the url for tracking, you can write a script to check for this on the page and then show / hide something accordingly.   Another option might be to check referring site for your email subdomain to do the same thing.  

Hope it helps

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Beyond Mark's solution (which will work perfectly) you could alternately:

1. Set the Known Lead HTML to just some comment tags. <!-- -->

or

2. Segment the LP and have only the Default segment see a visible form.

This is a pretty easy task with multiple approaches.

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

To do that I think you would need to use the API.  You would also need some sort of login in place to seperate users from unknowns. 

You cant just turn the form off for people you send emails to.  Just say one of them forwards your email to 100 others who are not in your system.  What do they then get when they click the link?

Thanks,

Gerard