Social Sharing in Email

Anonymous
Not applicable

Social Sharing in Email

From the digging around I've done, it looks like social sharing icons can be embedded on landing pages but not in emails. Is that correct?

So far, the only workaround I've seen is giving the email a URL and doing this: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000Kypf

Anyone know of a more efficient way to add sharing?
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Social Sharing in Email

You can have an icon in the email as long as it has a hyperlink to the social sharing site and a link to a web page where the related content resides. 

If you want your recipients to actually share the email, you can use the Forward to a Friend link.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, that's what I thought. It's technically better this way I guess. Designing the icons to work within our design and then linking them, as opposed to being stuck with whatever embedded options we'd have.

I may need to consider the forwarding though.

Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

From my own forays in social buttons in emails. Be sure that you add the image in the email, from there you can embed a token into the link if you require multiple accounts, perhaps based on region. (We have a twitter feed per country) so every email I have has a twitter button, then in the link is a token for the twitter url.