Social Share Buttons in Emails?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Social Share Buttons in Emails?

Can you embed social sharing icons in emails? Was reading this blog post http://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/integrate-email-campaigns-marketing and thought it would be great to try. It's not an image, since I would want to share the content of the email. Would be perfect for webinar invites, content promotion, etc. Similar to sharing a LP, this would be the email content. Possible in Marketo or no? 
Tags (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Social Share Buttons in Emails?

OMG! I was about to post the same question...also by reading the same article! Look forward to reading the answer ;). 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not possible right now, and not sure of the roadmap for this either. 

At this point, I use a Forward to a Friend link, and share on Facebook and LinkedIn. This is done in HTML:

0EM50000000Rbrs.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

You created HTML for this in the template? I dont know HTML 😞 was hoping to use the share buttons. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have a direct link for an Idea for this?  Would love to have autogenerated buttons as well!  My previous marketing automation system had this option for emails so I think it's a good thing to have on the roadmap!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is a clever and easy way to add social share links to Marketo emails:

Marketo Training How to Add Social Share Links to Email - YouTube

Delinda_Tinkey1
Level 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Delinda,

how does the reporting from Marketo look like when you implemented this? Are you able to see who shared what?

Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

You won't be able to accurately report what someone has shared, only that they clicked the link to start sharing. When you click the link it will take you to the Social Media platform's sharing page where the link is prefilled. A lead can still pull out at any time.

Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

To add to this; there are also other parameters that you can pass.

For Twitter for example you can pass this:

• URL
  • Text
  • Via

<a href="https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?url=URL&text=TEXT&via=YOURTWITTERACCOUNTNAME" target="_blank">Tweet</a>