Re: Social Media Tracking Not to be Confused with Social Sharing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Social Media Tracking Not to be Confused with Social Sharing

I want to track the leads that are reaching our content through clicking on my company's social media posts (i.e. we tweet with a link to content, the lead clicks the link, fills out form, etc.). I have been toying with smart campaigns, but am wondering if there is a simpler way to do this.

I assume I'm not the only one out there looking to track social engagement, but most posts I am able to find in the community end up talking about social sharing, which is a completely different topic.

What I have set up in my smart campaigns (two options which seem to work for the most part but I'm not certain):
First Test
-Smart List: Visits Web Page (web page is any, querystring contains "source=facebook" <--added querystrings to ends of links)
-Flow: Change Program Status (Social Media > Clicked)

Second Test
-Smart List: Visits Web Page (web page is any, referrer is www.facebook.com; m.facebook.com)
-Flow: Change Program Status (Social Media > Clicked)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The integration with Hootsuite, supposedly coming out early next year, may be an option for you.
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Currently, using the lead source or page referrer are the only options I can think of to start tracking the users. This seems to be a very common need for many Marketo users.
Anonymous
Not applicable

However, there is no hootsuite plug in

"We had a beta. It's been put on hold, as the initial iteration was not up to the standards that people wanted. We will be re-opening it at a later date, but want to do so with the right resources so we don't have a specif date. With the recent emphasis on security, we've prioritised items such as 2-step verification, as our current clients have asked for it in an urgent manner. If you are interested, you should fill out the form. Once we re-start that program, you will be alerted. "

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jackie- What did you end up doing here?