SOLVED

Re: Soap API error since April 16

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Soap API error since April 16

I've been running a custom call on a daily basis to syncCustomObjects to upload sales data since the end of November, 2015.  It's been running fine up until April 16, 2016.  There have been no changes in my program code or the format of the data being uploaded.  However, since April 16th I'm getting a 1002 soap error (missing value for required parameter), followed by a 20012 error  (Request not understood) daily.  As mentioned, "nothing" has changed in my code or the data.  In fact, I have data that was successfully sent on April 15th, and the same data rejected on April 16th.  Has anyone else experienced anything similar?  Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Wes

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually found that the problem was with the site that I am using to encrypt the parameters for the call to the soap api.  The url was being blocked by a new firewall we installed so the call to the syncCustomObjects was not passing the required parameters. 

Case closed.

Thanks all!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Do you have an example request which is failing (feel free to redact any sensitive info), and the response from DescribeMObjects for this type?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You may want to post a ticket.

There was something odd with the API over the weekend. Unsure if that's related.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually found that the problem was with the site that I am using to encrypt the parameters for the call to the soap api.  The url was being blocked by a new firewall we installed so the call to the syncCustomObjects was not passing the required parameters. 

Case closed.

Thanks all!