SOLVED

So about that 40 token per email limit...

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

So about that 40 token per email limit...

Apparently there is a 40 token limit per email. I did not know this, nor did my fellow consultants. It's not a common ask. Hell, there's only one mention of it at all that I could find, and it's an Idea from someone seeking to do the same thing.

Well, I have a client who needs to merge 51 tokens, all from the Account Object, into an email. We receive an error message that more than 40 tokens are in place.

Aside from some level of SFDC formula field text block acrobatics, any suggestions about how to circumvent this issue?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So about that 40 token per email limit...

Hey Tom,

Does it make sense to concatenate some of the fields within Marketo using custom fields and using the tokens for those fields so that more information is represented within one token?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Tom,

Does it make sense to concatenate some of the fields within Marketo using custom fields and using the tokens for those fields so that more information is represented within one token?
Dayna_Wellman3
Level 3 - Champion Alumni

Good to know there's a 40 token limit and a great workaround. This is definitely helpful. Thanks for sharing!

Dayna Wellman
Campaign Operations Consultant @ Etumos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good call, Jeff. That's exactly what I ended up doing. It helps that I could use HTML line breaks within the formula field, too. Ended up getting down to exactly 40 tokens.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Pierce_Ujjainw3
Level 9

Does anyone know if fields in velocity script would be counted against the token limit?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Nope. I have a VTL token with 116 properties on the lead.