SOLVED

Re: Snippets for Signatures

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Snippets for Signatures

We are trying to set up custom email signatures for each sales rep using segmentation/snippets. We want this to function properly when sending off MSI in SFDC. We would like to avoid creating 15 versions of the same email with different signatures, but will if that makes more sense.

Does it make sense to use snippets? Does anyone have a step by step for doing this that they can share?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

For segmentation and snippets, I'd start by doing a segmentation for each lead owner since that's where the differences in each signature will be. Then, when you create the snippet you can incorporate that segmentation, and update each signature appropriately. Finally, you'd drop that snippet into the email where you want the signature block to change. I think that's what you're looking for, but let me know if it isn't 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Joe I'd use a snippet with the tokens nested inside. It seems like it would be pretty straightforward to use {{lead.lead owner first name}} {{lead.lead owner last name}} etc.

The snippet with tokens nested is also really helpful if the signature format or contents change, then you'd only have to change it in one place and approve the new emails. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will use tokens where I can, some fields are not available as tokens though. (extension number, twitter handle, favorite ice cream flavor 🙂 )

How about going through the creation of segments and snippets? Can you provide a little guidance for me there?
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

For segmentation and snippets, I'd start by doing a segmentation for each lead owner since that's where the differences in each signature will be. Then, when you create the snippet you can incorporate that segmentation, and update each signature appropriately. Finally, you'd drop that snippet into the email where you want the signature block to change. I think that's what you're looking for, but let me know if it isn't 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I was looking for. You're the best Dory! I will let you know if I hit a snag.
Hank_Hansen
Level 5

I'm getting this underway in my instance and the V1 email template I'm using has one editable content block - there isn't a dedicated content block for the signature. Do I have to wrangle the email in a code editor to add a dedicated block for the signature in order to add a snippet? Should I replace with a new V2 template that's better suited for this?

Hank_Hansen
Level 5

Problem solved - I used the V2 editor to create a new template and added an editable section. I was hoping V2 editor had an quicker way to add editable sections. The HTML editor seems to be the only way.

Hi Hank,

You may want to use a Snippet (mktoSnippet) element instead of a generic editable one. This will force the users to always use a snippet to populate the zone.

-Greg