SOLVED

Re: Snippet in 'From' field

Go to solution
Julz_James
Level 10

Snippet in 'From' field

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if its possible to use a Snippet in the 'From Name', 'From Email' and 'Reply To' sections of an email? 

I send out a lot of dynamic emails and it would be so much easier if I could put a snippet in each of these sections to save having to retype every time.  There names and addresses that go into this field are not the lead owners, but the business development rep responsible for each country.

Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Julz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Julz_James
Level 10

I know I can segment the field. I do that already, but I wanted to see if I could add snippet instead so that I could make the changes globally as and when needed. 

I'll look into putting the BDA information into fields and using a token. 

Thanks

Juli 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Roxann_McGlump1
Community Manager

Hello Juli,

If you open the email in the editor, you will see that Subject From Name, From Email, and Reply-to can all be selected and pulled down into the Dynamic  section of the Email Content.

image2014-9-17%2012%3A43%3A13.png

I mentioned that in case I misunderstood your question.  You can make the From and Reply-to dynamic, but you can't use snippets to do so.  Snippets are basically modular blocks of HTML, and you can't use HTML in the From and Reply-to lines, so you would have to type in the From and Reply-To for each segmentation.

What might be easier is to create a field in Field Management to hold the business development rep's info, populate the values for that field with a Smart Campaign or something similar, then just use simple tokens instead - {{lead.BDR Name}} {{lead.BDR Email}}

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

It's also possible to put a token like {{lead.token}} or {{my.token}} in the header field if that would make your life easier. Just click the icon that appears to the right of the field in the editor.

Julz_James
Level 10

I know I can segment the field. I do that already, but I wanted to see if I could add snippet instead so that I could make the changes globally as and when needed. 

I'll look into putting the BDA information into fields and using a token. 

Thanks

Juli