Re: Smartlist with Data Value Change Date/Time same as Date/Time of a Form Fill

jtquon
Level 1

Smartlist with Data Value Change Date/Time same as Date/Time of a Form Fill

Hi All,

I am trying to create a smart list where I have a data value change filter that keys off the same date/time of a particular form fill.

So, for instance, let's say someone fills out Form X. That action causes a data value change in the system that makes Field Y = Snowcones.

I want to be able to create a smart list that shows me all the people that had a data-value change for Field Y = Snowcones based on filling out specifically Form X.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

It's not possible as described. You can constrain the Data Value Changes by Source = Web form filllout. But not a particular form filllout timestamp.

What's the business need for this? Please flesh out the surrounding goals.

jtquon
Level 1

The business need is that we have forms in our Marketo instance that relate to registration for different events. We have different groups in our organization that promote registration for these events. These groups have different "tracking URLs" that pass values into Marketo to give those groups credit for driving those registrations.

For instance, if marketing drove Bob Jones to register for Event X, an attribute from the URL is passed onto the Marketo person's record. Let's say it adds the value "Marketing" to the person's data field "Last Touch". If sales then drives Bob Jones to register for Event Y, that person's "Last Touch" data field is overwritten to "Sales".

I want to be able to show that for Event X,  Marketing was the group that drove Bob Jones' registration. I'm having a hard time linking the data value change of "Last Touch"  to Marketing to the Event X registration. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You won't be able to interlock 2 different fields like this.

Instead, within the form, update a single field to include both parts of the context: "Event X: Marketing" or "Event X: Sales" or "Event Y: Sales".

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Have you considered using different tags in the registration page url for the different sources? You could use this and store the tag in a program specific field.