SOLVED

Re: Smart list filter that will send a different email depending on title?

Go to solution
Mark_McGriff
Level 3

Smart list filter that will send a different email depending on title?

Hello Community,

Probably a silly question, but is there a smart list filter that will send a specific email to contacts depending on their title?

best, mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Filter? No. You can use Add Choice in a Send Email flow step.

But I would strongly question such a setup.

If the content is similar, you should be using Dynamic Content, Dynamic Snippets, or Velocity tokens. If the content is drastically different -- like written for people with vastly differing responsiblities -- it's not likely it should be part of the same program. However, since you haven't provided any surrounding information, it's impossible to tell.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Filter? No. You can use Add Choice in a Send Email flow step.

But I would strongly question such a setup.

If the content is similar, you should be using Dynamic Content, Dynamic Snippets, or Velocity tokens. If the content is drastically different -- like written for people with vastly differing responsiblities -- it's not likely it should be part of the same program. However, since you haven't provided any surrounding information, it's impossible to tell.

Mark_McGriff
Level 3

Thanks Sanford,

Yes, that was my original thought as well. The content is vastly different so it probably makes sense to go with different programs. 

Only been working with Marketo for about 4 months now so still learning my way around. I'll dive into your  suggestions a bit later when I get my feet under me and become more comfortable with how everything works.