Re: Smart campaigns for Nurture Streams

Nava_Maman
Level 1

Smart campaigns for Nurture Streams

Hey -

I'm trying to set up an Engagement program. I'm using "Programs" instead of "emails" to pull in the content. However, I'm having trouble setting up the smart campaigns properly. I can't seem to set it up in a way that it doesn't send to the wrong people, but also is accepted in the Streams, or isn't a batch schedule. I'm sure there's a simple fix for this. It's my first time setting this up. 

Right now I'm trying:

Smart list: If member of engagement program

Flow: Send Email

Help please!  

3 REPLIES 3
Ellie_Lewis3
Level 3

Once someone is added to the engagement program, the emails will fire automatically depending on how you have your cadence set up if the stream/program is activated. 

Check out this article: https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Understanding+Engagement+Programs

Carrie_Chandle1
Level 6 - Community Advisor

Make sure each program that you're pulling in has a smart campaign with a Smart List that references the person being a member of the engagement program (and any other criteria you want, such as not having downloaded that piece of content).

pastedImage_1.png

Your Flow step is then to send the email. You won't schedule / turn on the smart campaign; leave it as-is, then drag it into your stream and activate that item within your stream.

pastedImage_2.png

Nava_Maman
Level 1

Thanks, Carrie! Exactly what I needed.