SOLVED

Re: Smart campaign to delete contact choices in a preference center

Go to solution
comchannel
Level 1

Smart campaign to delete contact choices in a preference center

Hi everyone,

I am working on the set-up of my preference center and I want to create a smart campaign called "Delete choices" for people who deselected some choices on a form so that the fields become empty in Marketo. I can't succeed. When I deselect all my choices, the field remains with values. Can you help me? Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

And working code to accomplish that is already published here.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ravi_Ansal2
Level 6

Hi ,

There are few options to do it.

1. Simple and better option is to add another value as "remove all" or "Uncheck all" in the checkboxes.

Then you can make the field empty eaisly if the selected optin is "Remove all" 

2. Make on selection as mandatory.

3. The most difficult one is to trigger the smart flow when the form is filled out but the data value is not chnaged and make them empty. But this will also trigger if the donot deselect any any box.

Ravi_Ansal2_0-1600687958915.png

There are few other complicated ways as well with javascript to add a default  avlue such as "Unselect all" .

Hopefully this helps.

Best,

Ravi Ansal

SanfordWhiteman

Ravi, please don't do it this way. The lookback in the Activity Log is needlessly resource-intensive, unreliable...and unnecessary.

If you have a set of Checkboxes and one want one checkbox to serve as the "delete all current values" option — it may be labeled "Uncheck All" or "None of the Above"  as the user sees it, but from our marketing operations perspective it's actually"Delete All Existing," which is subtly but importantly different — then the value of that input should be the four letters

NULL

Then ensure, using JS, that checking that special checkbox in turn unchecks all other boxes.

SanfordWhiteman

And working code to accomplish that is already published here.

Ravi_Ansal2
Level 6

Thank you @SanfordWhiteman, I was just trying find a way with existing options. But thank you for sharing the Javascript.

Best,

Ravi