Re: Smart campaign to change status upon reaching additional score level

Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Smart campaign to change status upon reaching additional score level

I'm curious if anyone has done something like this before or has suggestions:

I'm looking to build a smart campaign that will identify when a lead with a specific lead status earns an additional X amount of points. Upon doing so, their status would change to a different one, and they would be reassigned to someone else.

These leads have basically been rejected for whatever reason and thrown back into the marketing pool, and once they have proven themselves through activity, we want to toss them back over the wall again. From the looks of it, I could manage this with a trigger campaign and using the "Score Change" filter with a "Change" constraint--but I wanted to see what everyone else has done.

Finally, when these leads are rejected, they're assigned to a user or queue, but I'd want the lead to go back through the SFDC assignment rules when they've hit this threshold. I haven't found anything that can do this--so would I simply have to recreate the routing rules via a "Change Owner" action and choices?

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention is that the lead will already have a score when they're tossed back into the marketing pool, and needs to reach a certain score on top of that (for example: Lead A has 212 points, needs 100 more to be sent back to sales, so this flow would trigger at 312). Most actions will not give Lead A all the points at once... so how would I be able to compare the two and know when they've hit the mark?
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Why don't you deduct points for being recycled?

You generally cannot do this sort of calculation in Marketo. It would be better to set their score back to 100 and then set a new threshold for Recycled to 200.

You will have to use Marketo to resassign the lead using Sync to SFDC or Change Owner. If you have a skilled SFDC Admin, they can have Lead Assginment trigger based on a field like Lead Status or Score.
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

That's a great idea to reset the score back to 100.

As far as I know, using "Sync to SFDC" with auto-assignment doesn't update the owner if the lead is already assigned, is that correct? I've seen a few things with APEX that might be able to accomplish this, like you said.

I appreciate the insight!