Smart campaign for assigning country

Lena_Masrialter
Level 2

Smart campaign for assigning country

Hi guys,

I am wondering whether I can build a smart campaign that will automatically assign specific countries to leads. So, for example, I have app 4,000 leads with email domain "co.uk" (which points that they are most definitely from UK) but the country field is blank. How should I set up a smart campaign to change this data value?
Many thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Smart campaign for assigning country

Hi Lena,

You will have to use a trigger or a filter on the person creation or data value change to the country field (with new value is empty constraint).

Then in the flow, you will have to set 2 flow steps:

1. wait 5 minutes (this is to make sure that values are posted to the database)
  2. change data value. This one will have choices
    1. If country is not empty, do nothing
    2. If email contains ".co.uk", country is set to UK.
    3. If email contains ".de" country is Germany
    4. ...
    5. default choice : do nothing

BUT remember that domaine extensions are not always accurate. .com does not mean USA

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

1. If email contains ".co.uk", country is set to UK.
    2. If email contains ".de" country is Germany

Hmm...

I think the way to do this is create a new formula field that's the email plus the literal end-of-line character "$".

Then you can safely use [contains] ".de$", ".co.uk$", etc.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

You are right Sandy, but the truth is that, personally, I would not try to infer country from the TLD. If I really need the country field to be filled in, I would add it to my forms and make it mandatory.

-Greg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I agree, though some ccTLDs are good predictors of the language (though not current geographic location) of the lead, there are so many that are not that this is a contributing metric at best.